Meet-up: How to prepare for EU Regulation on deforestation-free supply chains
Biodiversiteit Openbaar Transparante ketens Donderdag 06 april 2023 van 15.00 tot 16.30 uur | Online via Zoom
Imports of products that contribute to deforestation will soon be banned in the European Union. This involves high risks products like palm oil, timber, coffee, leather and rubber. The consequences of this EU regulation will be far-reaching for European companies related to these products. The regulation will also have major impact on the farmers outside the EU producing and supplying these products.
What do these new rules mean for your business and for your suppliers? When do you have to comply and how do you prepare your business for this? These and other related questions will be discussed during the meet-up.
You will need to prove that the products you bring onto the European market come from areas that have been deforestation-free since 2020. Think of products like palm oil, beef, wood, coffee, cocoa, rubber, soy – but also derived products like chocolate, paper, furniture or leather. As a company using these products, it is imperative that you can trace where your products come from. During this meetup we will inform you on the foreseen implications and help you get started. There is also plenty of time for Q&A with our expert team.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- You will learn more about this EU law to prevent deforestation and forest degradation;
- You will discover the possible implications of this new regulation for your company;
- You will receive tips and tricks to adequately prepare for this regulation within you supply chain.
This meet-up is relevant for organizations and their value chain partners who wish to learn more about the EU Regulation on Deforestation-free supply chains.
- Julius Seinen, Sustainability of agricultural raw materials and International CSR at the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality
- Gert van der Bijl, Senior EU Policy Advisor at Solidaridad
- Koen Verberne, CEO at 52Impact
- Roxana de Raad, Sector Manager Coffee at MVO Nederland
There are no charges for your participation.