Helaas, dit event is al geweest. Kijk op onze eventkalender voor onze eerstvolgende activiteiten!
Masterclass: Circular Procurement for the Balinese Hotel Industry
Openbaar Donderdag 08 april 2021 van 09.00 tot 10.30 uur | Online
Before the COVID-19 crisis Bali was one of the leading holiday destinations in the world. Like all holiday destinations, the tourism sector on Bali has been effected tremendously. These times are challenging in the struggle to survive, but may also create some space to reflect on how tourism can be organised in a more sustainable and resilient way when tourists find their way back after the crisis. When the sector gets back on her feet more sustainable practises should be the basis of the recovery. Therefore, we organise a masterclass to inspire and help you to get started with circular procurement. This is in collaboration with our Indonesian partners One Island One Voice, EcoBali, Positive Impact Forever and BGreener.
We want to help you to get started with circular procurement, which helps to accelerate the circular economy in Indonesia regarding plastics. By joining this masterclass you can contribute to a more sustainable tourism sector. The masterclass takes place on the 8th of April from 9.00 to 10.30 CET.
The masterclass is focussed on the tourism sector on Bali as part of our Circular Plastics Value Chain Program in Indonesia. This program is part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Climate Change, Waste Management and Circular Economy signed in 2016 between the Ministry of Environment and Forestry of the Republic of Indonesia and the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water management of The Netherlands.
What’s in it for me
- You get an introduction to the topic of circular procurement
- You receive practical examples of what is possible
- You can ask all your questions to our panellists
- Saskia Pepping, sector manager Tourism at MVO Nederland
- Leontine van Eerden, Sustainable Development Manager Northern Europe at Accor, The Netherlands
- Lauren Blasco, Director of Sustainability at Potato Head, Bali, Indonesia
- Elena Cavagnaro, Professor in Hospitality and Tourism at NHL Stenden and assistant professor at RUG/Campus Fryslan, the Netherlands
Interesting for you?
This masterclass is particularly interesting for hotels and resorts operating on Bali. It is also relevant for DMC’s, solution providers and strategic partners active in Indonesia.